Xavier L. Suarez, Commissioner
Your parks, garbage and recycling pickup days, school boundaries, voting precincts and much more.
See our district boundaries and local office, libraries, police and fire stations.
Commissioner Suarez represents communities in the City of Coral Gables, Village of Key Biscayne, City of Miami, Village of Pinecrest and City of South Miami.
List of Homeowner Associations in District 7.
District 7 has numerous points of interest that encompass the arts, culture, recreation, and more.
Learn more about joining an Advisory Board.
This link takes you directly to an advanced search page for Commission Legislation. You can search by Resolution Number, Title, Date or other fields.
Legislative Information Center
Miami-Dade County's Legislative Information Center provides a variety of information about the county's legislative process.
This link takes you to the database of agendas for all BCC and BCC Committee meetings.
Review the minutes from previous Board of County Commissioners meetings.
Watch BCC Meetings
Click here to watch live stream Board of County Commissioners meetings.
- Restororation of four historic shotgun homes in the Golden Glades/MacFarlane District of Coral Gables to be made available for affordable rentals; project completed by Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade.
- Repainted exterior of two small businesses in West Coconut Grove; project completed by Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade.
- Computer lab desktops and furniture to Frances S. Tucker Elementary School as part of Envelopes of Safety After-School Initiative.
- Civil Rights Museum and Historic Train at Virginia Key Beach.
- Shake a Leg Summer Scholarship Program for Sailing.
- Restoration of the Historic Dice House at Continental Park.
- Summer: improvements to county parks across District 7
- Cherry Grove Park: new sidewalks, refurbished playground
- Snapper Creek Park: new shade sail, repaired sidewalks and crosswalks
- Ron Ehmann Park: 10 trees planted, refurbishing of playground, new sidewalks
- Installation of 200 orchids along trees in West Coconut Grove as part of the Million Orchid Project by the Fairchild Tropical Garden (1300 more to be installed in June 2020).
- NAMI Ending the Silence Program which is now available in all Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- The START Program Inc., Community Technology Research Lab grant match.
- Mind and Melody Inc., Music sessions for the elderly grant match.
- The District 7 Grant Match Program provided matching funds up to $10,000 to five nonprofits that completed District 7’s Nonprofit Academy.
- STEM Saturday at Virrick Park
- Computer lab laptops and furniture to G.W. Carver Elementary School as part of Envelopes of Safety After-School Initiative – Resulted in Carver going from a B school to an A school.
- STEM after-school programming at Ponce Middle School as part of Envelopes of Safety After-School Initiative.
- Environmental Education 'Sea Unseen' provided by Marjory Stoneman Douglas Biscayne Nature Center, Inc.
- Summer Youth Program provided by St. Paul Community Development Corporation.
- Music Program for People with Alzheimer's Disease provided by Mind & Meldoy, Inc.
- Community Technology Resource Lab provided by the START Program, Inc.
- Housing Passport for Single Parents provided by Thelma Gibson Health Initiative, Inc.
- Food Supplies and Support to Abuse/Crisis Victims provided by Victory for Youth, Inc.
- Goombay Marketplace in Coconut Grove Village West; collaboration with Commissioner Ken Russell, University of Miami, and Knight Foundation.
- Envelopes of Safety STEAM After-School programming provided by the Motivational Edge, Inc. at Carver Elementary, Frances S. Tucker Elementary, and Ponce De Leon Middle School.
- Youth Orchestra provided by Musical Inc. to Frances S. Tucker Elementary School as part of Envelopes of Safety After-School Initiative.
- Shake a Leg Summer Scholarship Program for Sailing.
- Nonprofit Academy, 2-day conference provided to nonprofits serving District 7.
There will be a mandatory informational workshop explaining the requirements at 6 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Frankie Shannon Rolle Community Center.
Completed applications will be accepted starting March 3-9 by 4 p.m. Hand deliver application to District Office or NANA.
November 11-17, 2019 is National Apprenticeship Week in the U.S. The Miami-Dade Youth Pre-Apprenticeship Program will highlight the importance of apprenticeship as a viable option for students who do not plan to attend college or who enter the military after graduation from high school. Click on the link to hear from a Homestead Senior High student about his experience: https://apprenticeflorida.com/
Pumpkin carvers may boost their craft in October for Halloween, but there’s a new game in town and it’s STEAM After School: Coding & Robotics. The free four-week program enables middle school students ages 11-15 to have fun while exploring computer science, technology, engineering, mathematics, coding, and robotics. Participating students learn to make soap early in the game then are directed into developing and programming robots followed by a robotics showcase and competition on October 25.
InitiativesCommissioner Suarez encourages all Miami-Dade and District 7 residents to read his initiatives.
Action Plans for Miami-Dade CountyCommissioner Suarez encourages all Miami-Dade and District 7 residents to read through his proposals for enhancing the quality of life in Miami-Dade County. Please send any and all praise, comments, or concerns to [email protected].
- 2020 Solutions for Mass Transit
- X-Plan for Transportation
- X-Plan for Rickenbacker Causeway
- X-Plan for South Dade Corridor
- X-Plan for Trails
- X-Plan for Housing