Recreation & Culture
Department of Cultural Affairs
- Grants: Strengthen nonprofit cultural organizations and artists to ensure outstanding arts experiences are accessible and affordable for all residents and visitors
- Arts Education: Increase access, inclusion and participation through education and outreach.
- Tablet Lending Program: Check out a tablet with built-in wireless Internet access and Wi-Fi capability that you can take home and use for free with your library card.
- Libraries @ Your Door Home Delivery Service: Have books and other library materials mailed directly to your home for free.
Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces
- Our Therapeutic Recreation and Inclusion (TRI) programs uses activity-based interventions to guide children and adults with disabilities toward better psychological and physical health and connects them to all elements of parks.
- Historic destinations that not only provide recreational opportunities, but also preserve our environment and our history. They are Matheson Hammock, Greynolds, Homestead Bayfront, Crandon, Haulover Beach, Fruit and Spice, and the Deering Estate.