Emergency Rental Program 2.3 (ERAP 2.3)
The Emergency Rental Program (ERAP) is now open for applications. If you have any questions, please call 305-723-1815 or send an email to [email protected].
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program 2.3 provides rental payment assistance for up to 12 months in arrears, if you meet certain income qualifications and are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The amount of rental assistance you receive will depend on the amount of unpaid rent. Applications are accepted until Friday, June 25 at 5 p.m.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be a Miami-Dade resident
- You are unable to pay your full rent as a result of a COVID-19 caused financial hardship
- Your current household income must not exceed 80 percent of annual Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County
- One person in household: maximum AMI is $50,650
- Two people in household: maximum AMI is $57,850
- Three people in household: maximum AMI is $65,100
- Four people in household: maximum AMI is $72,300
- Five people in household: maximum AMI is $78,100
- Six people in household: maximum AMI is $83,900
- Seven people in household: maximum AMI is $89,700
- Eight people in household: maximum AMI is $95,450
- There must be an executed lease between you and the property owner or landlord
- You must certify that your household does not receive any other subsidy that is not wholly covered by a subsidized housing program
You will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Proof of being financially impacted by the COVID-19 (e.g., layoff letter, unemployment claim, etc.)
- Your current lease or pages of current lease showing address of home, amount of lease rent, term of lease or if your lease is on a month-to-month basis, and signature of you and landlord
- Government issued photo ID for all household members (e.g., driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
- Proof of current income for all household members (e.g., recent pay stubs, layoff letter, unemployment benefits letter, etc.)
Your owner/landlord will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Owner W-9 form
- An agreement that the County will provide to landlords accepting rental assistance containing certain program conditions
For any questions please refer to Frequently Asked Questions below and the sample application. You can send an email to [email protected] or by calling 305-723-1815.
Landlords are encouraged to contact the program at [email protected] or call 786-688-2440 to refer tenants who are behind in their rent.
Application Pickup Locations
Applications can be picked up and completed forms dropped off at the following locations from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., until June 25. Please note the locations will be closed Monday, June 21 due to the observance of Juneteenth.
Northern Miami-Dade County
520 NW 75 Street
Miami, FL 33150
Southern Miami-Dade County
1542 SW 4 Street
Homestead, FL 33030
You can also print out an application below. Paper application must be dropped off at one of the two locations. It will not be accepted via email.