Due to the overwhelming response, applications are not being accepted at the present time. We are hoping to open the application up again soon.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides rental payment assistance for up three months but no more than $5,000 total to families experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The amount of rental assistance you receive will depend on the amount of unpaid rent.
Applications are accepted until 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16. Anyone who applied for Phase I of the program will be able to apply again.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be a Miami-Dade County resident
- You are unable to pay your full rent as a result of a COVID-19 caused financial hardship
- Your current household income must not exceed 120 percent of annual Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County
- One person in household: maximum AMI is $76,800
- Two people in household: maximum AMI is $87,840
- Three people in household: maximum AMI is $98,760
- Four people in household: maximum AMI is $109,680
- Five people in household: maximum AMI is $118,560
- Six people in household: maximum AMI is $127,320
- Seven people in household: maximum AMI is $136,080
- Eight people in household: maximum AMI is $144,840
- There must be an executed lease between you and the property owner or landlord
- You must certify that your household does not receive any other rental subsidy
You will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Proof of being financially impacted by the COVID-19 (e.g., layoff letter, unemployment claim, etc.)
- Your current lease or pages of current lease showing address of home, amount of lease rent, term of lease or if your lease is on a month-to-month basis, and signature of you and landlord
- Government issued photo ID for all household members (e.g., driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
- Proof of current income for all household members (e.g., recent pay stubs, layoff letter, unemployment benefits letter, etc.)
Your owner/landlord will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Owner W-9 form
For any questions please refer to Frequently Asked Questions below and the sample application. You can send an email to [email protected] or by calling 305-723-1815.
You can also print out an application below or pick one up at any of the four locations listed.
Northern Miami-Dade County
520 NW 75th Street
Miami, FL 33150
Central Miami-Dade County
1861 NW 28th Street
Miami, FL 33142
Southern Miami-Dade County
1542 SW 4th Street
Homestead, FL 33030
West Miami-Dade County
7555 SW 152nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33193