In October 2019, Miami-Dade County through its Department of Public Housing and Community Development (PHCD) sponsored “Closing In On 10,000—A Housing Summit.” An ambitious goal was set of creating an environment that would be supportive of at least 10,000 new affordable/workforce housing units being completed or in progress (financially closed or under construction) by November 2020. In fact, the event highlighted over 14,000 affordable and workforce housing units that were in various stages of development. The Miami-Dade County Affordability Tracker provides a snapshot of the status of those projects, inclusive of additions and changes in scope. Created in collaboration with the University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement, the Tracker will be updated on a quarterly basis.
- Planning Stage: Planning for the development is underway by the County and/or developer. Site control has been secured.
- Request for Proposal (RFP): A formal written solicitation issued by the County for the purpose of seeking response(s) from prospective developers. A development is in this stage if the RFP is in draft form, has been issued to developers, or is in negotiations or approval process.
- Pre-development: Pre-Construction activities are underway, which may include environmental assessment, project design, and identification of financing for the development.
- Under Construction: Construction activities are underway.
- Construction Completed: Construction activities completed.
By using this Site, you hereby acknowledge and accept that the content and information on this Site is being provided as a public service and for informational purposes only. While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the content and information provided on this Site, University makes no representation as to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any data on this Site. Any reliance placed on the accuracy of the content and information on this Site is at my own risk. The University disclaims all liability associated with the use or misuse of this Site and specifically disclaims any and all warranties, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.