Home > Free Tax Prep > What to Bring

Documents to bring to a free tax prep session

When you visit a free tax preparation site, be sure to bring the following items with you on the day of service:

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Original (no copies) of Social Security Cards for taxpayer, spouse if married, and any dependents being claimed
  • ITIN applications and renewals are free when you file a federal tax return
  • Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse (must be a Driver’s License, state-issued ID card, or other official document)
  • All W-2’s for all places worked in previous year
  • Voided check or savings account number on a bank document for direct deposit
  • If you received a Premium Tax Credit in the previous year through the Affordable Care Act marketplace (Obamacare), form 1095-A

If applicable, please also bring the following items:

  • Copies of any 1099’s issued
  • Bank account interest year-end statements
  • Student loan interest statement
  • Proof of child care expenses paid (statement from provider with EIN# or Social Security number)
  • Statement of post-secondary education tuition expenses paid
  • Social Security year-end statements
  • Any other documents related to taxes
  • Copy of last year's taxes

If you are itemizing your deductions, please bring the following:

  • Copies of last year's mortgage interest statements
  • Real estate taxes statement
  • Proof of charitable donations
  • Statement of work-related expenses
  • Auto registration and taxes paid in previous year

United Way Center for Financial Stability

Main location
3195 SW 3 Avenue
Miami, FL 33129

North location

11500 NW 12 Avenue
Miami, FL 33168

South location
129 SW 5 Avenue
Florida City, FL 33034

Main: 305-688-3551
Fax: 305-688-3556