The Elder Affairs Advisory Board was created in May 2018 to expand the support for seniors living in Miami-Dade County, while allowing them to play a more active role in the local government by crafting strategies to better meet their needs.
The Elder Affairs Advisory Board will advise the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners on issues related to the County's programming, public services, facilities for elderly persons, including but not limited to, transportation/mobility services, health care services, parks programming, silver services programming, and affordable housing.
- You must be a Miami-Dade County resident
- You must be 62 years of age or older
- You must have knowledge and interest in the elderly population
- Pass a background check and get fingerprinted
- Serve a minimum of 4 years and no more than 8 years
Contact your County Commissioner to see how you can become a part of the Elder Affairs Advisory Board.
Learn more about the Elder Affairs Advisory Board.Contact my County Comissioner