Supervisory Leadership Development
The Supervisory Leadership Development program was developed by Florida International University in collaboration with Miami-Dade County. The program is a two-day certificate program for supervisory/professional level employees that offers tools and strategies to meet the unique challenges Miami-Dade County leaders face in the workplace.
The Supervisory Leadership Development program includes interactive activities and discussions on topics affecting Miami-Dade County. All 16 leadership competencies will be covered at varying degrees providing maximum benefit to participants.
The program is by invitation only and runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Human Resources department will contact eligible employees to be scheduled for this training program.
Upon completion of this certificate program, participants will:
- Understand how each employee contributes to delivering excellence every day
- Know how high-performing teams achieve common goals and drive results
- Gain knowledge on how to build accountability within teams and among departments
- Involve others to increase collaborative decision making, improve communication and effect positive results
- Gain information, skills and knowledge on how to apply effective team skills to solve group problems and build strong working relationships
- Develop skills on effective coaching and conflict prevention
- Develop techniques on effective recognition, delegation and empowerment
- Gain information, skills and knowledge on effective performance management and employee feedback
Human ResourcesArleene Cuellar, Director
Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street,
Miami, FL 33128