Free Tax Prep Assistance at Community Resource Centers
Free tax prep assistance via the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is being offered through Apr. 18 at nine Community Resource Centers for income-qualifying residents.
CAHSD employees, who are IRS-certified tax preparers, provide free basic tax preparation services to County residents. This service is available to individuals or households earning $58,000 or less annually, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking residents.
Residents in need of assistance must contact a participating CAHSD Community Resource Center to verify eligibility and schedule an appointment. All tax returns will be electronically filed.
Documents required to file include:
- Current state of Florida picture ID
- Social security card for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Verification of income (examples: W2, 1099-Misc, SSA-1099, 1099-R, etc.)
- Bank routing and account number for direct deposit of refund
- Proof of market place insurance 1095-A (if applicable)
- Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus) in 2021
- Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments in 2021