Local Developing Business
This program is a gender and race neutral program for small businesses that have non-exclusive permits to provide general aeronautical services to commercial airlines and aircraft operators at Miami International Airport. It is designed to provide opportunities for firms that meet the following criteria:
- Located and performing a commercially useful function in Miami-Dade County or be at least 51 percent owned by a person or persons who reside in Miami-Dade
- Not exceeding three-year average gross receipts of $26,290,000
- Must possess the required licenses to do business in Miami-Dade County
- Annual renewal of certification required
How to apply
Business Management Workforce System is a web-based software system that firms are required to utilize to apply for or renew their Local Developing Business (LDB) certification.
To renew or apply for LDB certification, you should follow the below steps:
1. Log into Business Management Workforce System
2. Click the Apply for / Renew Certification button under the Certified Firms section
3. Select the options that are appropriate for your company
4. Answer the eligibility questions
5. Preview the document list and click the Continue button to the application
6. Click on Process to complete each section
A green arrow will indicate that the section is complete. All documents that are required will be listed on the document list of the online application.
Currently certified firms looking to change or expand commodity code, ownership, business address, etc. must visit the Business Management Workforce System.
Currently certified firms looking to make simple changes to telephone numbers, email address, fax numbers or web address must visit the Business Management Workforce System.
It is strongly encouraged that you visit the Business Management Workforce System and click the Training button under System Training to sign up for live webinars that are offered on an ongoing basis and are free of charge.
For more information, call the Internal Services Department - Small Business Development Division at 305-375-3111 or email.