Christmas Tree Recycling
This service is for residents who receive waste collection services from Miami-Dade County only. If you do not receive waste collection services from Miami-Dade County, please contact your local service provider directly.
Christmas tree recycling options:1. Drop off your clean, decoration-free tree at one of the below Trash and Recycling Centers:
- Eureka Drive - 9401 SW 184 St.
- Golden Glades - 140 NW 160 St.
- Moody Drive - 12970 SW 268 St.
- North Dade Landfill - 21500 NW 47 Ave.
- Norwood - 19901 NW 7 Ave.
- Palm Springs North - 7870 NW 178 St.
- Snapper Creek - 2200 SW 117 Ave.
- South Miami Heights - 20800 SW 117 Ct.
- West Little River - 1830 NW 79 St.
- West Perrine - 16651 SW 107 Ave.
The centers are open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2. Drop off your tree at the West Miami-Dade Home Chemical Collection Center.
- The center, located at 8801 NW 58 St., is open seven days a week for from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This service is for tree drop off only.
- Crews will begin collecting trees by zones between Jan. 11 and Feb. 5. Please refer to the schedule below to determine your collection zone and pickup week:
- Zone 1
Jan. 11-15 (South side of SW 152nd Street to SW 400th Street)
Place tree at the curb by Sunday, Jan. 10
- Zone 2
Jan. 18-22 (South side of SW 88th Street to north side of SW 152nd Street)
Place tree at the curb by Sunday, Jan. 17
- Zone 3
Jan. 25-29 (South side of NW 25th Street to north side of SW 88th Street)
Place tree at the curb by Sunday, Jan. 24
- Zone 4
Feb. 1 - Feb. 5 (NW 215th Street to the north side of NW 25th Street)
Place tree at the curb by Sunday, Jan. 31
- Zone 1
4. Use one of your available bulky waste pickups.
- Trees placed at the curbside as part of a scheduled bulky waste pickup will not be recycled into mulch.
Belated Christmas gift - free mulch.Christmas trees dropped off at the TRCs and those collected at curbside during dedicated Christmas tree collection will be recycled into mulch. Residents who provide proof of residency within the service area will be able to pick up free mulch at one of the Trash and Recycling Centers starting in the spring. Sign up to receive a notification when the mulch is ready for pick up.