The role of Transit Oriented Communities
Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) is an important component of the Miami-Dade region’s growth management strategy. Several key planning documents emphasize development paradigms accommodating continued regional growth supported by adequate urban infrastructure, including multimodal transportation facilities.
These include Miami-Dade County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan (CDMP); Miami-Dade TPO's 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP); and the Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan.
Comprehensive Development Master Plan
Long Range Transportation Plan
- Los Angeles TOC Guidelines
- Los Angeles's TOC Programs
- Developing TOC for Better Accessibility and Affordability
- Does TOD Need the T?
- Cost of a Ride
- Do TODs Make a Difference?
- Building Transit Oriented Development in Established Communities
- Incentivizing TOD: Case Studies of Regional Programs Throughout the United States
- Histories of Transit-Oriented Development