As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Vendors must have the appropriate insurance in order to be awarded a County Contract. Vendors must submit their insurance certificate(s) within 10 business days of notification by Procurement staff. Awarded vendors are required to maintain the appropriate insurance coverage through the term of the contract.
- No Owned Vehicles
- Florida Statutes, Chapter 440
- Insurance Requirements for Miscellaneous Construction Contract 7040 & 7360 Plans
No Owned Vehicles
In the event that your organization does not own company vehicles you may submit a waiver letter. See Auto Insurance Requirement Waiver Sample Letter for an example of a waiver letter.Back to Top
Florida Statutes, Chapter 440
If your organization has three or less employees and your company is in compliance with Chapter 440, Florida Statutes, you may submit a Worker's Compensation letter. See Worker's Compensation Sample Letter for an example of a Worker's Compensation letter.Back to Top
Insurance Requirements for Miscellaneous Construction Contract 7040 & 7360 Plans
In order to participate in the Miscellaneous Construction Contracts Program, contractors must provide a copy of the certificate(s) of insurance.
Certificate(s) of Insurance Requirements
- Worker's Compensation Insurance for all employees of the vendor as required by Florida Statute Chapter 440.
- Public Liability on a comprehensive basis in an amount not less than $300,000 combined single limit per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. Miami-Dade County must be named as an additional insured with respect to this coverage.
- Automobile Liability Insurance covering all Owned, Non-Owned and Hired vehicles used in connection with the work, in an amount not less than $300,000 combined single per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- For more information, see Contractor Requirements
Contractors Working at Miami International Airport
Under no circumstances are these contractors permitted on the Airside Operation Area side without increasing public liability and automobile coverage to $5,000,000. Acquisition and proof of this coverage will be stipulated as a condition of award in applicable Request for Qualifications. Only vehicles owned or leased by a company will be authorized. Vehicles owned by individuals will not be authorized.
Insurance Carrier Requirements
- The insurance coverage required shall include those classifications, as listed in standard liability insurance manuals, which most nearly reflect the operations of the vendor.
- All insurance policies required above shall be issued by companies authorized to do business under the laws of the State of Florida, with the following qualifications:
- The company must be rated no less than "B" as to management, and no less than "Class V" as to financial strength, by the latest edition of Best's Insurance Guide, published by A.M. Best Company, Oldwick, New Jersey, or its equivalent subject to the approval of the Miami-Dade County Risk Management Division
The company must hold a valid Florida Certificate of Authority as shown in the latest "List of All Insurance Companies Authorized or Approved to Do Business in Florida," issued by the State of Florida Department of Insurance and are members of the Florida Guarantee Fund.
- Certificates will indicate no modification or change in insurance shall be made without thirty (30) day written advance notice to the certificate holder.
Note: The Miami-Dade County contract number and title of contract must appear on each certificate.
Title: Miscellaneous Construction Contract (MCC) Program, MCC 7040 Plan or MCC 7360 Plan.
CERTIFICATE HOLDER MUST READ:
111 NW 1st STREET, SUITE 2340
MIAMI, FL 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.