Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Hotel and Restaurant Taxes

Paying Hotel and Restaurant Taxes

All business owners and operators subject to Tourist and Convention Development taxes must submit a tax return monthly to the Miami-Dade Tax Collector’s Office monthly, even if no taxes are collected.

Tax payments are due on the first of each month following the month of collections from tenants, guests and customers. Tourist and Convention Development taxes are considered delinquent if not postmarked by the 20th of the month. 

Revenue Data

These reports show the amount of revenue collected from each tax source by month and year. A second series of reports provides more detailed results by zip code.

How Tax Revenue is Used

Revenue generated from tourist and convention taxes are used to fund a wide range of tourist related facilities, promote tourism, help fund professional sports facilities, give cultural grants, and to fund care for the homeless and victims of domestic violence. Each type of tax is listed here, along with an explanation of how the funds are used.

Tax Laws and Rules

A list of State of Florida statutes that regulate the hospitality industry. There are also sales tax rules that regulate the industry.

Tourist and Convention Development Taxes

Detailed explanations of the three types of Tourist and Convention Development Taxes; bed taxes, food and beverage taxes, and the homeless and domestic violence tax.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:21:13 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.