As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
- By testing the largest door, you can get approval for all smaller doors of the same type for the same maximum tested pressure.
- For a door line that varies only in the size of glazing infill, you do not have to test all the different styles. You may just test the largest door with the largest glazing infill, and get approval for equivalent and smaller doors with proportionally equivalent or smaller glazing infills.
- If you test a double door application, you can get approval for a single door application without testing the single door, provided the double door system consisted of an inactive door leaf. Single door shall contain all component of active leaf of the double doors.
- If you want approval for door applications with side-lites and transoms, they have to be tested with both in place.
- Doors with glazing require multiple impact tests. Referencing the ordinance, section 2315.1 (e)(2)(aa) states that two impacts shall be to the glass and two other impacts through the thinnest section of the assembly which is not glass shall be performed.
- Roof access hatches (doors) are exempted for impact & cyclic requirements per section 1626.1 of FBC; however the structural uniform test loading shall conducted per SK-I.
Revolving entrance glass door questions
Learn the tests and the FBC code requirements to qualify revolving entrance doors.
Sliding glass door test requirements
If you want your approval to read "Approved for 3 panels or less", then test 3 panels, measure permanent set and if testing for impact, aim the projectile where specified below
If you want your approval to read "Approved for 4 panels or less," then test four (4) panels, measure permanent set and if testing for impact, aim the projectile where specified below.
If you want your approval to read "Approved for multi- panels ", then test six (6) panels, measure permanent set and if testing for impact, aim the projectile where specified below.
Impact locations for double swinging glazed doors
For double swinging glazed doors the following impact and permanent set diagram applies.
Water test requirement for entrance doors with flat sills
The water test on this particular product is only required when the roof's overhang is shorter than the height of the wall where the door is located. (If angle theta is greater than 45° then the water test is required on doors with flat sills.) This also applies to residential applications.
Testing panel doors for approval of the most combinations
- For three (3) swinging panel doors, by testing the OXX configuration, we can accept O, X, OO, XX, XO, OOO, OXX, OOX, OXO.
- For four (4) swinging panel doors, by testing one (1) unit in an OXXX configuration and two (2) units in an XX configuration, all to the same design pressure and same panel size, we can accept all possible four or less panel configurations. When testing TAS202 on the OXXX specimen place additional deflection gauges at mid-span of each of the two mulls; the first between the active and fixed panels, and the other at the right active-active panels. If comparative analysis is performed, the analysis must also address the mullion. Note that impact resistant units are also to be impacted at mid span of the mull, and are further limited by maximum cyclic pressure.
- For SGD panel doors, by testing 2-tracks and 3-tracks will qualify multi-track options. By testing regular jamb condition at one end pocket at other end will qualify multi jamb conditions.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.