- Operates a system of airports that provides for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods while being responsive to the needs of customers and safeguarding the environment.
- Business Opportunities i.e., Restaurants, Retail, etc. in the Airport.
- Landlord-port: leasing agreements with private companies for cruise and cargo operation.
- Provide police and security, fire, and emergency services throughout the port.
Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources
- Review permit/licensing applications and conduct code enforcement activities related to compliance with applicable building, zoning, planning, environmental, platting, traffic, and industry-specific codes and regulations.
- Resilience planning and countywide initiative coordination and implementation.
Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust
- Provides small business grants to businesses within the Targeted Urban Areas (TUAs).
- Provides educational workshops and marketing opportunities to help start and grow small businesses.