Health & Society
Community Action and Human Services
- Provides services for low-income residents that include early childhood education, psychological services, assistance to pay utility bills and rent, job training, domestic violence prevention and intervention, drug abuse prevention and intervention and more.
- Energy, Facilities and Transportation for Low-Income Homeowners to Weatherize Their Homes including energy upgrades, managing a fleet of 72 vans and buses.
Public Housing and Community Development
- The Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) is a program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that helps public housing agencies modernize and redevelop public housing sites and units that ensure long-term affordability housing through the conversion of public housing subsidy to project-based Section 8 subsidy.
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program: The housing choice voucher program provides assistance on behalf of very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled.
- Administers grants and oversees operation and fiscal activities for shelter.
- Promotes housing and service programs for homeless persons in Miami-Dade County.