Affordable Housing Resources
Notice of Availability of Affordable Housing per Resolution No. R-34-15
As per Resolution No. R-34-15, Miami-Dade County is providing written notice to the public regarding the availability of rental or homeownership opportunities. Developers are required to advertise this information in newspapers of general circulation. PHCD has been advised of the leasing of the following property:
Crossroads Management, LLC is accepting pre-applications for affordable housing to reside at Barcelona Condo, 2217 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33125. The pre-application form is available below. No telephone calls, walk-ins or drop-off applications will be accepted.
Rules of Participation:
- Pre-applications must be accurately completed and mailed to the following address: Crossroads Management, LLC 1398 SW 1st Street, Suite 1201-A, Miami, Florida 33135-2380. Pre-applications will be accepted in person or via mail. Only applications sent via regular mail, certified mail, FedEx, UPS or other similar means will be accepted. No faxes or emails.
- Any pre-application that is not fully and accurately completed and/or is received after Jan. 17, will be disqualified. The waiting list will be closed Jan. 17, at 5:30 p.m.
- Pre-applications received by end of business day Jan. 17 will go through a lottery process and assigned a randomly selected number. Only pre-applications with random numbers 1 through 100 will be placed on the wait list. The selected pre-applicants will be notified on or after Jan. 24. **Of the 100 applications placed on the wait list, priority will be given to the applicants listed in the Pre-Application Priority Section below.
- Only one pre-application per household will be considered throughout the entire process. Any household that submits more than one application will be disqualified. If any member of a household is included on multiple pre-applications all of the pre-applications will be disqualified.
Household gross monthly income is a minimum of $1,900.00
Eligible maximum income limits for program participation are as follows:
Household size: 1 person with annual income $47,450
Household size: 2 persons with annual income $54,450
Household size: 3 persons with annual income $61,000
Household size: 4 persons with annual income $67,750
Household size: 5 persons with annual income $73,200
Affordable Housing Developments funded by the County
This a list of searchable affordable online housing resources. Miami-Dade County has provided funding to developers to build and/or rehabilitate housing in our community. The owners of these properties maintain their own waiting list and application requirements.
- HUD Resource Locator
HUD Resource Locator offers real-time HUD housing information at the fingertips of people looking to quickly connect with building managers, public housing authority representatives, and property management companies to inquire about housing availability and other housing-related questions.
- Local Housing Locator
Allows customized searches for available local rental or for sale housing based on bedroom size and rent range/price range. Includes photos and helpful tools.
- Go Section 8
PHCD has partnered with GoSection8 to provide a user-friendly way to list rental properties online. Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher participants who are seeking apartments, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market. Help is also provided via a toll-free number 1-888-466-7328.
- Miami-Dade Housing Finance Authority
Listing of affordable rental housing through HFA’s Multifamily Rental Program, Developers of multifamily housing receive low-interest rate loans to produce new or rehabilitated housing and agree to provide rents at affordable rates for persons of low and moderate income.
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
Created by the Florida Legislature to help Floridians obtain safe, decent and affordable housing. The site has an online affordable housing locator service to find affordable rental housing around the state. Housing Assistance Network of Dade (HAND)Citrus Health Network is the lead agency in the Housing Assistance Network of Dade (HAND) program, a multi-agency partnership with Miami-Dade County and local municipalities making an effort to prevent homelessness by providing temporary rental assistance for eligible low-income individuals and families who are currently homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
- Hand Program – Rental Assistance Citrus Health Network
Lead agency in the Housing Assistance Network of Dade (HAND) program, a multi-agency partnership with Miami-Dade County and local municipalities making an effort to prevent homelessness by providing temporary rental assistance for eligible low-income individuals and families who are currently homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.