As an eligible Miami-Dade County employee, you may enroll yourself and eligible dependents for coverage in one of the offered medical plans. A Point of Service (POS) plan allows you to receive services from an in-network or out-of-network provider of your choice. If you choose an out-of-network physician, your healthcare services will be subject to the plan deductible and co-insurance provisions.
A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) provides a wide range of healthcare services to you on a prepaid basis. Under this plan, you receive medical services at no cost or for moderate co-payments without deductibles or claim forms.
- Applies to all non-bargaining, and bargaining employees in GSAF Professional, GSAF Supervisory, and IAFF hired prior to January 1, 2019, and to all bargaining employees in AFSCME Aviation, AFSCME Solid Waste and AFSCME General hired prior to January 1, 2020.
- First Choice Advantage HMO
- Select Advantage HMO
- HMO Advantage
- POS Advantage
- First Choice Advantage
- Select Advantage
View Your Current Benefits
- Log on to eNet
- Select the Paycheck & Paystub link
- On the next screen, select the Benefits Summary link
- Your current selections will be displayed
AvMed Onsite Reps