The Adopt-a-Tree program provides Miami-Dade single-family and duplex homeowners with two free trees every year. More than 200,000 trees have been adopted since the program's inception in 2001.
In 2020, Adopt-a-Tree events were unable to happen in the traditional usual way due to the global pandemic. We donated our trees to schools and hospitals. Also we distributed trees through food drives managed by County partners during 2020 and up through Spring 2021. This Fall our efforts are focused to continue the traditional Adopt-a-Tree events and the first Adopt-a-Tree event of Fall 2021 will be on September 25th, 2021 at Camp Matecumbe located at the address below.
Camp Matecumbe/ Boystown Pineland Preserve
September 25th, 2021 from 9 am to noon
13841 SW 120th St
Miami, FL 33186
NOTE: Tree selections will be posted on the County’s Adopt-a-Tree website one month before each event.
Register to receive email updates
Planting a tree provides many benefits:
- Reduces air-conditioning costs by providing shade
- Improves a home's appearance, which can help to increase a property's real estate value
- Provides a natural habitat for wildlife
- Lessens flooding by absorbing excess rain water
- Removes significant amounts of carbon dioxide from the air, which reduces the impact on climate change
Community Service Hours (Fax)