Head Start / Early Head Start
All Early Head Start / Head Start centers are open and providing in-person and virtual services to meet the needs of individual families.
- Head Start and Early Head Start services are provided at no cost to families who qualify.
- Early Head Start serves children from birth until they are 3 years old, as well as expectant mothers.
- Head Start serves children who are 3 to 4 years old by September 1, or no older than 5 years old after September 1.
- Head Start services are for families living in Miami-Dade County only.
Why choose Head Start and Early Head Start?
- Full-day, high quality educational programs
- Support services for children with special needs
- Children do not need to be potty trained to be enrolled
- Health and nutrition services
- Child sensory and developmental screenings
- Services to support social and emotional well-being
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack
- Parent engagement opportunities
- Evidenced based parenting curriculum
- Employment assistance and training for families
- Transportation assistance is provided to children with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) receiving a prescribed treatment or therapy arranged by the program. Full details regarding transportation options will be provided.
To request materials in an accessible format, or if you require special accomodations, please contact our ADA Coordinator: