Head Start / Early Head Start
Head Start / Early Head Start is a free, high-quality educational program for eligible children from birth through 5 years of age.
Early Head Start serves children from birth until they are 3 years old, as well as expectant mothers.
Head Start serves children who are 3 to 4 years old by September 1, or no older than 5 years old after September 1.
Children do not need to be potty trained for either program.
Head Start services are for families living in Miami-Dade County only.
- Full-day educational programs
- Child development screenings
- Health and nutrition services
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack
- Parent engagement opportunities
- Support services for children with special needs
- Transportation assistance is provided to children with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) receiving a prescribed treatment or therapy arranged by the program. Full details regarding transportation options will be provided.
Home activities while Head Start programming is suspended - week of March 30
To request materials in an accessible format, or if you require special accomodations, please contact our ADA Coordinator: