Head Start / Early Head Start
All Head Start / Early Head Start centers are open and providing in-person and virtual services to meet the needs of individual families.
- Head Start and Early Head Start services are provided at no cost to families who qualify.
- Early Head Start serves children from birth until they are 3 years old, as well as expectant mothers.
- Head Start serves children who are 3 to 4 years old by September 1, or no older than 5 years old after September 1.
- Head Start services are for families living in Miami-Dade County only.
Why choose Head Start and Early Head Start?
- Full-day, high quality educational programs
- Support services for children with special needs
- Children do not need to be potty trained to be enrolled
- Health and nutrition services
- Child sensory and developmental screenings
- Services to support social and emotional well-being
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack
- Parent engagement opportunities
- Evidenced based parenting curriculum
- Employment assistance and training for families
- Transportation assistance is provided to children with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) receiving a prescribed treatment or therapy arranged by the program. Full details regarding transportation options will be provided
Head Start Program
Email / Mail
Community Action and Human ServicesSonia Grice, Director
Overtown Transit Village North
701 NW 1st Court,
Miami, FL 33136