Professional Development Certification Program
Upon completion of this certificate program, participants are able to implement and use the core management practices of Miami-Dade County.
PDC participants learn to:
- Develop performance standards and utilize measures more effectively
- Accomplish more through effective management tools, such as motivation, delegation, and conflict resolution
- Become more effective through building on conflict management skills, problem solving and building team morale
- Polish leadership skills by learning the current leadership principles in the workplace
- Build team effectiveness, conduct effective meetings and apply problem solving strategies for optimal solutions
Participants also are awarded certificates of achievement. The certificate becomes part of the employee's permanent personnel record.
Training for Supervisors and Upper Level Managers
The Human Resources' Employee Development Division is proud to offer an exciting opportunity for supervisors and upper level managers to become certified through the Professional Development Clinics (PDC) program.
Employees who are certified through the Supervisory Certification Program qualify to participate in the PDC clinics. Space is limited and is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Before attending any clinic, employees must:
- Submit a completed application
- Receive department approval
- Confirm enrollment with HR
Employees may take individual courses or earn a PDC certificate by attending six of the 16 PDC clinics. Each clinic can last from two and a half to seven hours. When registering for the clinics, HR staff will confirm the clinic times. Most clinics begin at 9:30 a.m. or at 2 p.m.
Departments requiring onsite clinics or special accommodations should call HR at 305-375-3713. Employees with special accommodation requests can call 305-375-5654.
Lean-Six Sigma Yellow Belt (LSSYB)
- Friday, Sept. 17 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Professional Development Clinics and Special Accommodations
Email / Mail
Human ResourcesArleene Cuellar, Director
Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street,
Miami, FL 33128