Home Care Assistance for Elderly Residents with Disabilities
The Home Care Program offers assistance to elderly residents with disabilities and is delivered with the goal of enabling older adults to lead healthy and active lives in their own homes and communities for as long as possible, and in a manner that is meaningful and dignified.
- Homemaker: light cleaning, shopping errands, meal preparation, washing dishes and laundry.
- Personal care: assistance or supervision with bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, transferring, mobility and toileting.
- Chores: heavy cleaning, yard cleanup and minor household repairs.
- Must be a Miami-Dade County resident.
- Must be 60 years of age or older.
- Unable to perform Activities of Daily Living or Instrumental Activities of Daily Living.
- Does not have an adequate informal support system to provide the needed assistance.
- Deemed at risk of institutionalization if community-based services are not provided.
For more information or to apply, call 786-469-4707.
Home Care Program
Locations and Hours
All Home Care Assistance for Elderly Residents with Disabilities Locations
Community Action and Human ServicesSonia Grice, Director
Overtown Transit Village North
701 NW 1st Court,
Miami, FL 33136