Five-Year Implementation Plan of the People’s Transportation Plan
The report below is the ninth annual update of the Five-Year Implementation Plan of the People’s Transportation Plan (PTP), a publicly-supported transportation improvement program established to develop an integrated mass transportation network and to complete roadway improvements in Miami-Dade County and its municipalities.
The plan documents the current status of progress on the implementation of surtax funded PTP projects versus baseline estimates. The plan includes references to the projects from the County’s 2020-2021 Adopted Capital Budget. Future annual updates to the PTP will continue to monitor the actual implementation of the projects, their adherence to budget and schedule, and any changes to the Plan. Note that the project progress is presented as of December 2019 and financial information is presented as of September 2019 throughout the Plan, unless otherwise specified.
Five-Year Plan sections
- Introduction - includes a short overview of the Plan, background information, Plan description, Statement of CITT’s Guiding Principles and Priorities, and synopsis of notable changes to the FY 2021-25 Plan compared to the previous update.
- First/Last Mile Connectivity and Shared Mobility Services – provides information on the current and planned first/last mile and shared mobility options available within the County. This section also includes a list of first/last mile projects that the CITT desires to promote and fund in order to advance critical connectors to the County’s transit system, major employment centers and schools. The CITT urges the County to prioritize these projects in its capital program and budget.
- New and Active Projects – includes new projects to be funded with surtax dollars and active projects in process or planned within the five-year period. Project detail information is included for each of the new projects, as well as updates to the project detail information for the existing projects.
- Municipal Program – includes an overview of transit service, transit and transportation projects and programs funded by municipalities using their share of surtax funds.
- Inactive Projects Summary - fully completed, where construction has been completed, or unfunded projects, where the entire PTP item was deemed infeasible, canceled by Board action, or any further implementation deferred outside the Five-Year plan period (beyond fiscal year 2025). View detailed project descriptions of Inactive Projects with project cost estimates and expenditures.