Accessible sidewalks provide curb cuts that people with disabilities can use to safely transition from a roadway to a curbed sidewalk.
Standards adopted by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) have been enforced on all County roadways, bridges and bike paths, including those managed by the private sector.
If a sidewalk is damaged or inaccessible, submit a service request to 311 Direct or call 311 to report it. All complaints are investigated within one to five days.
Sidewalk Transition Plan
To make sidewalks accessible, the County developed the Sidewalk Transition Plan. Under the plan, the County identified physical obstacles in need of removal and prioritized repairs.
Priority repairs of sidewalks leading to or in close proximity of:
- Priority I
- Bus stops and transportation facilities
- Special Transportation Service/Paratransit, Disability Services and Independent Living
- Schools, hospitals and health department facilities
- Head-start locations
- Nursing homes and adult living and/or care facilities
- Priority II
- County libraries
- County parks
- District courts
- Post offices
- Priority III
- Colleges and Universities
- Polling places
- Hurricane shelters
- All other areas
For additional information contact 305-375-4664 or email [email protected].