Skip Navigation

Customer Service

Capital Improvement Program

Water & Wastewater Services

Water Meters

Conservation & Outreach

Construction & Development

About Us

Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Construction Project Requests

The following requests are available for projects with executed Service Agreements.

Procedure for Projects Within or Along State Roads

Projects that will take place within or along any State Road require a permit from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) before any work is allowed. This is in addition to any other permits required before work can be done.

The following steps must be taken by any contractor doing WASD work requiring an FDOT permit:

  • A pre-construction meeting must be scheduled with an FDOT inspector.
  • The contractor will be provided with estimated restoration costs by WASD's Field Operations Office for work within the FDOT area.
  • The contractor must provide a bond or Letter of Credit to cover the estimated restoration costs.
  • The bond or Letter of Credit is returned to the contractor only upon written request, after job completion, FDOT approval and WASD approval.

Requesting Re-Platting or Permanent Closure of Roads with Existing Water and Sewer Infrastructure

In some cases, a developer may wish to redevelop an area with existing roads and other infrastructure.  The developer may wish to re-plat the property, building over existing roads and infrastructure.

In such a case, the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department (WASD), in addition to any other agencies involved, would need to determine if there is any water and sewer infrastructure that may be affected by the proposed re-platting.

If there is existing water and sewer infrastructure in an area you wish to re-plat-to include the permanent closure of roads wherein the water and sewer infrastructure is contained-you must submit the following documents and information to WASD:

  • A request in writing from the property owner, his or her agent, a contractor, OR an engineer.
  • An original property boundary survey, signed and sealed by a Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.) or a Professional Surveyor and Mapper (P.S.M.)
  • legal description of the property
  • A description of the specific portion of the road to be closed
  • The folio number(s) of the property (this can be obtained by searching the County's property records at on the Property Appraiser's website

The items listed above must be submitted to WASD's Utility Liaison Office in the LeJeune Building, 3575 S. LeJeune Road (south of US-1) or can be mailed to: Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department, 3071 SW 38th Avenue, LeJeune Bldg., Miami, FL 33146-1520, Attn: Utility Liaison Section

Please note that WASD will determine if the installation of new water and/or sewer facilities will be required in order to abandon the existing facilities and/or if a Grant of Easement will be required for the water and/or sewer facilities that will remain in the portion of the road that is to be closed. Grant of easements shall include the legal description and sketch.


Chapter 556, Florida Statutes, requires that any person with the intent to excavate in the State of Florida, call Sunshine State One Call of Florida (SSOCOF) at 8-1-1 not less than two nor more than five full business days before beginning any excavation or demolition.

A Miami-Dade County Ordinance passed in August 2000 includes a provision requiring that the boundaries of all proposed excavations of 1,000 feet or less -- including do-it-yourself jobs -- be marked with a white water-based paint. This should be done before the excavator calls Sunshine State One Call of Florida.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:40:30 PM

Construction Information

Construction Complaint Unit


Call Before You Dig
Sunshine State One Call of Florida
Call 8-1-1


Read the Water & Sewer Department's
Rules & Regulations

Implementing Order 10-8



You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.