Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Sign Regulation

  • Signs require a Zoning Improvement Permit (ZIP) and possible building permit
  • All of these permit applications are available from the Miami-Dade County Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources:

11805 SW 26th Street
Off Coral Way (SW 24 Street) and the Florida Turnpike

  • Zoning code questions call 305-375-1806

Event Signs

Must be for a one-time special event such as concert, political campaigns, school carnival, or for-sale signs.

Maintenance Rules

Lettering in sign advertising former business must be removed by property owner. Signs must be legible and free of graffiti or overgrowth around the base.

Prohibited Signs

Roof signs are not allowed without prior public hearing approval. Pennants or streamers are not allowed. Flags may not be used primarily as an advertising device.


Signs are prohibited in the right-of-way. Any person who places a sign in the right-of-way shall be subject to an immediate fine in the form of a civil citation.

Sign Permits

All fixed signs or inside signs that can be seen from the street require a permit before they are erected.

Signs on Private Property

Rules apply to all signs in unincorporated Miami-Dade County.

Vehicle Advertising

Vehicles, vans, trailers or trucks cannot be parked continuously in one location to be used solely as advertising signs. A vehicle with a banner over it used as advertising display is prohibited on either the ROW or on private property.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Sep 4, 2013 3:57:29 PM
Neighborhood/Building Enforcement

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.