County ADA Coordinators
The ADA Coordinator promotes and coordinates compliance with the ADA, a federal civil rights law.
- Ensures that all County services and programs are accessible to people with disabilities
- Shapes policy to assure compliance with federal civil rights requirements and improve service to people with disabilities
- Develops and conducts ADA compliance and disability training and provides staff support for the Commission on Disabilities
- Administers and distributes disabled permit parking fines to municipalities
- Provides oversight of the County's barrier removal capital projects and technical training to capital department staff
Each County department has an ADA Coordinator responsible for that department's compliance with the law in the provision of its programs, services and activities to residents with disabilities. The departmental ADA coordinators work with residents to resolve complaints on an informal level, and to address formal ADA grievances.