- Must accept two forms of payment: check, credit/debit card, cash, money order, traveler’s check
- Must get a property owner or agent’s authorization (signature, date and time) before towing a vehicle
- Must provide the driver of the towed vehicle the necessary documentation for retrieval, company business hours and costs via telephone
- Must allow the driver or authorized representative to inspect the vehicle and remove personal property prior to payment
- Must display towing rates and consumer’s rights at their business
If you arrive at a scene while your vehicle is towed, and would like it released on site, the tow operator must release your vehicle for half the towing rate (currently $50.50). You do not need to pay in cash.
Upon receipt of a telephoned request to open a towing storage site to retrieve a vehicle, a tower must return to the storage site within one hour of the request.
If the vehicle is not registered in your name, you may need an original, notarized affidavit signed by the vehicle’s owner explaining you are an authorized representative of the vehicle.
Consumer Mediation Center
Miami-Dade County's Mediation Center receives, processes and investigates consumer complaints, mediates disputes between consumers and businesses, identifies violations of the law by business operators, and issues civil citations.
601 NW 1st Court, 18th floor
Miami, FL 33136
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Walkins are accepted.