Community Development Block Grant Programs
Eligible activities for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding must meet one or more of the national objectives set by HUD and benefit the low- and moderate-income persons of Miami-Dade County.
CDBG funds are designed to support projects that:
- Benefit low and moderate income persons;
- Are integrated into a long-range community strategy;
- Leverage further private and public partnership, and;
- Enhance deteriorated residential and business districts.
The projects to be funded through the various programs are classified into four categories:
- Public Facilities and Capital improvements
- Economic Development
- Public Services
CDBG program funds can be used to build community facilities, roads, parks; to repair or rehabilitate housing, to provide new or increased public services to local residents or to fund initiatives that generate or retain new jobs.
Applications for funding should focus on addressing the high priority needs in the County’s Eligible Block Groups. Map of Eligible Block Groups ranked by vulnerability.