County offices and libraries will be closed Monday, Jan. 20 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed on Monday, Jan. 20.
- Solid Waste Management will not collect curbside garbage or trash Monday, Jan. 20. Recycling will be collected.
- Miami‑Dade Libraries will be closed Sunday, Jan. 19 and Monday, Jan. 20.
- Miami-Dade Transit will operate on a regular schedule.
MLK Day Events
- 37th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 5K Run Walk - Jan. 20
The race starts at 8 a.m. at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Plaza Metrorail Station at 6205 NW 27th Avenue and benefits Miami-Dade Police Youth Explorers. Register now.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade - Jan. 20
Miami celebrates with the annual MLK Jr. Parade in Liberty City. The parade takes place along Northwest 54th Street, from Northwest 10th Avenue to Northwest 32nd Avenue. The Pan-African & Caribbean Family Festival immediately follows at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park. Parade-goers can expect high school marching bands, athletes, cheerleaders, floats, cars and fire trucks with local politicians.
- Candlelight Vigil in North Miami in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - Jan. 15
Salute the work and the vision of Dr. King through spoken word, song and dance at the Museum of Contemporary Art's Plaza.
- YMCA - 16th Annual MLK Day of Service - Jan. 20
Make your day off a “day on” by giving back to the community through a meaningful project. Become a sponsor or volunteer.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - Jan. 20
Join City Year Miami to help turn school into more engaging, educational places for students by revitalizing South Hialeah Elementary School. Event registration begins at 8 a.m.