County offices and libraries will be closed Monday, Jan. 18 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18.
- Solid Waste Management will not collect curbside garbage or trash Monday, Jan. 18. Recycling will be collected.
- Miami‑Dade Libraries will be closed Sunday, Jan. 17 and Monday, Jan. 18.
- Miami-Dade Transit will operate on a regular schedule.
- Florida International University's 30th Annual MLK Celebration - Thursday, Jan. 14
From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., this online event, presented by Florida International University’s Office of Multicultural Programs and Services, will feature keynote speaker Bernice A. King, minister, attorney and daughter of Dr. King paying homage to her father’s life and legacy.
- Voices of Freedom: An Arsht Center Tribute to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Saturday, Jan. 16
Filmed at the North Beach Bandshell, this live-streamed event will take place from 7 p.m to 8 p.m. and feature Miami musicians and spoken-word artists reflecting on Dr. King's six principles of nonviolence, as described in his book Stride Toward Freedom.
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade - time and date TBD
The event, presented virtually this year, will be broadcast on local television and chronicle Dr. King’s work in Miami during the civil rights movement.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day’s One Miami, One Band, One Sound Community Mass Bike Ride
The community and officers will ride together with the hope to reduce gun violence and cultivate relationships. The event will take place on Jan. 18, on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Riders wishing to be part in this event, should start lining at Charles Hadley Park, 1350 NW 50th Street, Miami, FL 33142 at 8:30 a.m. to leave at 9:30 a.m. Face masks are required for all participants.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - Jan. 18
Join City Year Miami to help turn school into more engaging, educational places for students. This year's event, held virtually, begins at 8 a.m.
- Honoring Dr. King with the United Way of Miami-Dade
Help pack snacks for local families on Saturday, Jan. 16 or contribute your volunteer services for other activities.