As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade County's Small Business Enterprise Certification programs were created for any business entity providing construction, architectural, engineering, goods and services which has an actual place of business in Miami-Dade County and whose three year average gross receipts do not exceed the monetary thresholds for the programs.
- Gross receipts do not apply to firms that are classified as manufacturers or wholesalers
- Not-for-profit or non-profit corporations are not eligible for certification
- Applicants must be properly licensed to conduct business in Miami-Dade County, must have received a Local Business Tax receipt from Miami-Dade County one (1) year prior to certification, must perform a commercially useful function with an actual place of business in Miami-Dade County.
Certification for a SBE firm is valid for a three year period, requiring an annual Continuing Eligibility Affidavit. Additional information may be obtained at the Small Business Enterprise Programs link below or contact the Small Business Development office at 305-375-3111.
Certified Small Businesses
Certification Lists are PDF reports that can be used to identify firms certified with Miami-Dade County by the Small Business Development Division as:
- Small Business Enterprise – Architectural & Engineering
- Small Business Enterprise - Construction,
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE) - Goods and Services
Small Business Enterprise Programs
- Goods and Services - A gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as supplying goods and services other than construction, architectural or engineering services.
- Architectural & Engineering - A gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as architectural and engineering companies.
- Construction - A gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as independent construction companies.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
This is a federal program that ensures equal opportunity in transportation contracting markets, addresses the effects of discrimination in transportation contracting, and promotes increased participation in federally funded contracts by small, socially and economically disadvantaged businesses, including minority and women owned enterprises.
Local Developing Business (LDB) Program
This program is a gender and race neutral program for small businesses that have non-exclusive permits to provide general aeronautical services to commercial airlines and aircraft operators at Miami International Airport.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40:10 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.