What types of Temporary Structures can be used?
The following temporary structures may be included:
- Enclosed cooking facilities
- Non-portable ventilation systems
- Towers for lighting or sound systems
Not all temporary structures utilized in a short-term event require building permits. No building permits are required for tents that are 10 x 12 in size or less provided they are not being used for the sale of items such as sparklers, Christmas trees, pumpkins, stuffed animals and/or flowers. You may contact Zoning and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue to verify and obtain recent information.
What else do I need?
In addition to obtaining a short-term event building permit, a Certificate of Use (CU) is also required for:
- Events that generate revenue from ticket sales, registration fees and/or retail sales of merchandise, food and drinks.
- Holiday tent sales for pumpkins, Christmas trees, 4th of July and New Year’s Eve fireworks, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. A site that qualifies for a holiday sales event can only have two events per year. For more information, read about Certificate of Use requirements.
For questions regarding short-term events, contact Zoning at [email protected] or 786-315-2660
Online OptionsPlan Status & Application (Portal)
Permitting and Inspection CenterEdward A. Rojas
Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 SW 26th Street, Miami, FL 33175