Safety tips and choosing a locksmith
- Ask friends for recommendations
- Only interact with registered locksmiths – call the Mediation Center at 786-469-2333 to verify a person or company, and to check their complaint records
- Get more than one estimate and in writing
- Never chose on the basis of price alone
- Ask for an invoice listing services performed
- Never sign a blank form
- Make sure the locksmith has a locksmith identification card
- Avoid hiding your keys outside your home or office
- Install quality locks
- Service residential safes every two years
- Keep locks lubricated
Filing a complaintSubmit a consumer complaint affidavit to Miami-Dade County by email, mail or fax. Include copies of any related supporting documentation, such as receipts, contracts, warranties, pictures, emails, text messages, a timeline of events, etc.
Consumer Mediation Center
Miami-Dade County's Mediation Center receives, processes and investigates consumer complaints, mediates disputes between consumers and businesses, identifies violations of the law by business operators, and issues civil citations.
601 NW 1st Court, 18th floor
Miami, FL 33136
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Walkins are accepted.