Current Annexation Requests - North
In 2013, the City of Hialeah applied to annex approximately one mile of vacant property to the northwest corner of its boundary.
The proposed annexation area is located in a strategic area within the State of Florida's plan for freight expansion and is ideal to encourage economic development via industrial activity.
- South at Northwest 170th Street
- East at Interstate 75
- Northwest at Florida's Turnpike
- Hialeah annexation application - September 2013 (18 MB)
In 2015, Miami Shores submitted an application for annexation which was referred by the Board of County Commissioners to the Planning Advisory Board.
- South at Northwest 105th Street
- East at Biscayne Boulevard
- North at Northeast 108th Street
- West at Northeast 12th Avenue
- Map of proposed Miami Shores annexation
- Miami Shores annexation application - May 2015 (3.2 MB)
- Office of Management and Budget report on proposed boundary change - June 2016
North Miami Beach
In 2005, the City of North Miami Beach annexation application was accepted.
- South at North Miami Beach Boulevard
- East at Northeast 15th Avenue
- North at Miami Gardens Drive
- Northwest at centerline of Snake Creek (C-9) Canal
- West at Northeast 6th Avenue
- Map of proposed North Miami Beach annexation
- North Miami Beach annexation application - June 2005 (3.9 MB)
- Office of Management and Budget report on proposed boundary change - August 2007
- Estimated impact on Unincorporated Municipal Service Area (UMSA) budget - based on FY 2006-07 budget
In 2013, the City of Opa-locka submitted an application requesting the annexation of two unincorporated areas.
- East at Northwest 47th Avenue
- North at Northwest 135th Street
- Southwest along State Road 924 (Gratigny Expressway)
- South at Northwest 107th Street
- East at Northwest 27th Avenue
- North at Northwest 127th Street
- West at Northwest 37th Avenue