Starting a business is a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Thankfully there are state, federal, and local resources to help entrepreneurs get up and running.
The following resources from Miami-Dade County, the Office of Grants Coordination, the Small Business Administration (SBA), and other entities will help you network with potential business partners apply for grants and loans, obtain tax information, become a registered vendor or a certified business and more.
Miami-Dade County Office of Grants Coordination (OGC)
Miami-Dade County Resources
Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs - SCORE resources for women-owned businesses.
- Office of Women's Business Ownership - SBA network of nationwide Women's Business Centers.
- Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Support - Information about SBA's women-owned contract program.
Resources for Minority Entrepreneurs
- 8(a) Business Development Program - U.S. SBA business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses
- Florida Department of Management Services - Office of Supplier Diversity - Improves business and economic opportunities for Florida's minority, women, and Florida veteran business enterprises
- Minority Business Development Agency - U.S. Dept. of Commerce agency providing technical assistance and access to capital, contract opportunities and new markets to create new jobs
- Minority Owned Businesses - U.S. SBA resources for minority entrepreneurs
- Native American Owned Businesses - U.S. SBA resources for Native Americans
Grants and Other Sources of Funding
- Federal government grant opportunities
- Industrial Development Revenue Bond Financing in Miami-Dade County
- Miami-Dade County Grant Opportunities Portal
- Miami Bayside Foundation - Conventional Loans
- Miami Downtown Development Authority
- Minority Business Development Agency
- South Florida Regional Planning Council - Revolving Loan Fund
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - 7(a) Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - 504 Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - Research Grants for Small Businesses
General Business Resources
- The Beacon Council - Miami-Dade County's Official Economic Development Partnership
- Florida Electronic Library - Small Business Resources
- Florida Virtual Entrepreneur Center
- Enterprise Florida
- SCORE - A nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship
- U.S. Small Business Administration South Florida District Office
Tax Resources and Business Incentives
- City of Miami Business Incentives
- Employ Florida Marketplace - Offers tax credit assistance
- Miami-Dade County Business Incentives
- Small Businesses and Self-Employed Tax Center - Resources for small business owners and the self-employed (IRS).
- State Tax Agencies - Links to taxation agencies in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C.