The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department Fire Prevention Division is responsible for the Certificate of Occupancy (CO) inspections for all commercial buildings, whether it's new construction or remodeling of existing construction.
Only commercial buildings, including apartment buildings and town homes, will be inspected. Single-family homes are not inspected.
New construction inspections performed:
- Final inspection required for CO
- Sprinkler system rough inspection
- Temporary CO inspection
- Sprinkler system pressure test
- Fire alarm inspection
- Sprinkler underground
- Preliminary inspection
- Sprinkler system final
- Fire suppression system
- Inspection fire pump start up
- Entrance features
- Water main extension/fire hydrant