Reconnect Water Service

If the water at your property was disconnected due to non-payment and you make a payment, you must call the Customer Care Center at 305-665-7477 as soon as the required payment is made. If you call before 7 pm Monday through Friday, your service will be reconnected before midnight; otherwise, the service will be reconnected the following day by 10 am. If you call by 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday, service will be reconnected same day; otherwise, the service will be reconnected the following day by 10 am. In calling to request service reconnection, you are accepting responsibility for having all fixtures in the OFF position to avoid any water loss and/or damage to the property. The service will not be reconnected if there is evidence of water registering at the meter. A reconnection fee of $35.00 will be applied to your account for each visit required to reconnect the service.

Once payment is verified, an order will be placed to reconnect the water service.  To make an online payment, visit the Customer Care Center for available payment options, or call our automated system at 305-665-7477, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need to make a cash payment in person, visit one of the service centers.

In most cases, a disconnection and reconnection fee will be charged to your account and is payable on your next bill. If time elapsed and your account was terminated due to non-payment, you must pay all outstanding balances, plus a newly assessed account deposit in full, in order to have your services reinstated. Connection charges will be reflected on your next water bill.

If payment is not received and an extension is not requested by the bill due date, a final notice will be mailed. If payment is not received within 14 days of the final notice, then the service may become eligible for disconnection. If the service is disconnected and remains unpaid for an additional 7 days, the account will be closed and any available deposits applied to the balance. A final bill will be generated with the remaining balance due or a refund will be issued in the case of a credit balance.

If you have a property that had water service to it provided by Miami-Dade County, but for some reason the meter was removed, you must have a water meter set on the existing service.

This assumes there are no changes proposed to the existing use of the property.

You must bring the following information in person:

Property owner's information

  • Name
  • Mailing address
  • Social Security number or federal tax ID number
  • Daytime phone number

Online Options

Phone Number(s)

Locations and Hours

Related Services