Zoning Improvement Permit (ZIP)
What type of improvements require a ZIP?
The following buildings, structures, improvements and installations require a ZIP from the Development Services Division:
- Above-ground pools
- Balloon sign
- Cargo container (commercial only)
- Chickees by Miccosukee or Seminole
- Decorative garden-type fountains
- Farm buildings. See non-residential farm buildings section below.
- Flat wall sign not to exceed 40 square feet in area and a building height of 30 feet, with County-approved detail only. Check the flat wall mounting details.
- Floating docks
- Painted wall sign
- Paving, drainage of existing facilities, established landscape, tennis, basketball courts, guardrails and bollards
- Portable mini-storage unit. Learn more about the Certificate of Use (CU) - Portable Mini-Storage Unit for residential properties.
- Railroad exemption
- Residential awnings, canopies, fabric covered framework, trellis and pergola. You may submit an Affidavit to Allow Reduced Setbacks for Shed and Pergola with your application, if applicable.
- Residential chain link fence (fences with concrete columns require BLDG 18 permit). Check Fence and Gates.
- Residential decorative pools and ponds
- Residential picket, iron, other fences non-wind resistant (fences with concrete columns require a BLDG 18 permit). Check Fence and Gates.
- Resurfacing (commercial)
- Sealing, stripe painting of existing parking lots
- Stick on fabric letters, window graphics and vinyl wall signs not to exceed 40 square feet in area
- Temporary buildings used for construction, trailer or modular