Skip to Primary Content

The 2020 Census is coming. Learn how you can ensure Miami-Dade Counts!

Report Problems - Animals and Pets

If you witness any of the conditions below, you can either submit a report online or call 311. We will open an investigation to ensure your concerns are handled.

Report a stray dog
Stray dogs can be reported to Animal Services (stray cat reports not accepted). The department will attempt to pick up the stray dog within 24 hours. If the dog is on any expressway, please call FHP at *347.

Request a dead animal pickup
Animal Services will only pick up a dead animal on the public right-of-way. Owners are responsible to remove dead animals from private property.

Request a pet account update
Each pet has an account assigned to them when they receive their rabies vaccination and license for the first time. If your pet is lost, passed away, moved or given away, you should update your account to prevent getting a citation.

Report an injured animal
If you see a dog that has been possibly hit by a car, please contact us immediately so we can respond. We respond to injured animals as a priority.   

Report animal cruelty
We will investigate signs of cruelty. The most common signs include tick or flea infestations, no food or water, no shelter, injured and not taken to a vet for care, extremely thin or missing hair.

Report an abandoned animal
Pets that are left behind after the owner or tenant moves. If a dog is left locked inside a car, please contact the police for immediate assistance.   

Report a tethered dog
It is not legal to keep a dog tied up. We will investigate and educate the owner about this regulation.   

Report a dangerous dog
If a dog has attacked a person or another domestic animal, submit a report so we can open an investigation.

Report Pit Bulls
It is illegal in Miami-Dade County to own or keep American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or any other dog that substantially conforms to any of these breeds' characteristics. If you have a physical address where one of these breeds is being kept, you can report it to have an investigation opened.

Report breeder, pet store or kennel
Animal Services is responsible for the intake and investigation of complaints against pet breeders and shops. Investigations of complaints about breeders or pet stores usually take about 30 days to complete.
For a complaint about the purchase of a sick dog or cat from a pet store or breeder, please contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Animal Industry at 850-410-0900.

  • Animal Bite

    If you or someone else suffered a bite from a dog or cat, please report it by completing the Animal Bite Report.

    You will be asked to leave your name and phone number so that Animal Services can be dispatched to investigate.

    Pease note: All animal bite cases should be referred to the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County at 305-324-2400.

  • Dangerous Dog Search

    You can search an address in Miami-Dade County to see if a dog has been declared dangerous.

Phone Number(s)

Animal Services
Alex Munoz, Director

Pet Adoption and Protection Center
3599 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, FL 33122
311 | [email protected]311 | [email protected]

Contact Us | About Us

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.