Swimming Pool Permits
This page lists the required items, forms, and standard details for all swimming pool related projects. Note there is an additional form required for Owner-Builder permits.
For more information, visit How to Apply for a Permit and Homeowner’s General Permit information.
Visit Permit Exemption to verify if the work being performed requires an electrical building permit.
What swimming pool safety measures should I be aware of?
- Always get a licensed electrician to do electrical work and never attempt to do your own electrical work
- Never allow pool maintenance workers to perform electrical work. It is dangerous, illegal and can be fatal
- Electrical pool equipment and underwater lights must be properly maintained
- Never use electrically powered appliances near a pool unless the equipment is approved for water use
- Do not position outdoor lights where they could fall or slide into the pool
- Contact a licensed electrical contractor to perform regular electrical maintenance service
- Keep rescue equipment near the pool and call 911 in case of an emergency
- Pools are required to meet the low-voltage requirements at the time of repair or alteration of an existing pool light.
Online ServicesPermit Submission Portal
Permitting and Inspection CenterEdward A. Rojas
Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 SW 26th Street, Miami, FL 33175