Swimming Pool Permits
This page lists the required items, forms, and standard details for all swimming pool related projects. Note there is an additional form required for Owner-Builder permits.
For more information, visit How to Apply for a Permit and Homeowner’s General Permit information.
Visit Permit Exemption to verify if the work being performed requires an electrical building permit.
What swimming pool safety measures should I be aware of?
- Always get a licensed electrician to do electrical work and never attempt to do your own electrical work
- Never allow pool maintenance workers to perform electrical work. It is dangerous, illegal and can be fatal
- Electrical pool equipment and underwater lights must be properly maintained
- Never use electrically powered appliances near a pool unless the equipment is approved for water use
- Do not position outdoor lights where they could fall or slide into the pool
- Contact a licensed electrical contractor to perform regular electrical maintenance service
- Keep rescue equipment near the pool and call 911 in case of an emergency
- Pools are required to meet the low-voltage requirements at the time of repair or alteration of an existing pool light.