As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Environmental Quality Control Board
The Environmental Quality Control Board (EQCB) hears requests for extensions of time for compliance and/or variances from the requirements of the Environmental Protection Code of Miami-Dade County, and other applications pursuant to Section 24-8 of the Environmental Protection Code of Miami-Dade County. The Board may also hear an appeal of any person aggrieved by any action or decision of the Director of the Division of Environmental Resources Management (DERM).
The Environmental Protection Code of Miami-Dade is also known as Chapter 24 of the Miami-Dade County Code.
- EQCB Seeking Volunteer Members
- Petitions Heard by Board
- Meeting Agendas, Memos and Rulings
- 2023 EQCB Hearing Dates
- Accessing Virtual Meetings
- EQCB Online Records
EQCB Seeking Volunteer Members
Environmental Quality Control Board members help their community by making decisions on applications requesting variances and extensions of time from the environmental regulations of Miami-Dade County. The board also reviews appeals of decisions of the Director of the Division of Environmental Resources Management (DERM). Miami-Dade County is currently seeking interested candidates to be considered for appointment by the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners (BCC).
- Must be a permanent resident of Miami-Dade County.
- Cannot hold political office or be a candidate for political office.
- Must have a Ph.D. or be a licensed professional engineer in chemical, civil or environmental engineering;
- Or have a Ph.D. in geology or hydrogeology or be a licensed professional geologist;
- Or have a Ph.D. in biology or marine biology.
EQCB members are prohibited from serving on more than one decision making board.
EQCB meetings are held:
- Monthly, on the second Thursday of every month at 1:30 p.m.
- At 701 NW 1st Court, Miami, FL 33136.
Interested candidates can submit their resume by emailing [email protected]
For more information, please call 305-372-6764.Back to Top
Prior to filing an application, applicants are encouraged to meet with staff to obtain information on the hearing process, filing requirements, filing fees and to review completed applications and forms. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted or scheduled for a hearing. To schedule an appointment please call (305) 372-6764.
Advertising and Notices
The agenda for the EQCB hearing will be published prior to the hearing date in the Miami Daily Business Review and posted on the Miami-Dade County EQCB website.
The Clerk of the Board will send a Notice of the Hearing (Agenda) via email to the email address provided in the application. Please include email addresses in your application of all parties to receive Notice of the Hearing.
For interim sewage treatment plants only: A notice will be posted on the subject property to inform the public of the purpose, time and place of hearing for the proposed interim sewage treatment plant.
An applicant may request an emergency hearing before the EQCB. It is up to the EQCB to decide to hear emergency cases. Please contact the Clerk of the Board for further information with regard to this procedure.Back to Top
Petitions Heard by Board
Section 24-8 of the Miami-Dade County Code provides that the Environmental Quality Control Board may hear:
- An appeal of any person aggrieved by any action or decision of the Director of the Division of Environmental Resources Management (DERM). An appeal may be filed within 15 days from the date of action or decision.
- A request for a variance from Chapter 24 of the Code of Miami-Dade County.
- A request for an extension of time for compliance with the provisions of Chapter 24 of the Code of Miami-Dade County.
- A request to modify an existing Board Order.
- A request for approval of an Interim Package Sewage Treatment Plant.
- An appeal from the decisions of the Director of DERM pursuant to a denial of an administration request for a variance to the requirements of the Federal Flood Insurance Program as established under Chapter 11C of the Miami-Dade County Code.
- An application by private and/or public water or sewer service utilities for a statement of approved water quality or approved sewage service.
Meeting Agendas, Memos and Rulings
Environmental Quality Control Board
Thursday, April 13 at 1:30 p.m.
Overtown Transit Village Building
2nd Floor DERM Training Room
- Ocean Marine Management Inc (2022-EQCB-00050)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami Inc (2021-EQCB-00043)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami Inc (2021-EQCB-00044)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami Inc (2021-EQCB-00045)
- First Industrial LP (2022-EQCB-00032)
- City of Miami Gardens (2022-EQCB-00037)
- Royal Forum Homes XXXII LLC (2022-EQCB-00021)
- Javier M. Baeza (2022-EQCB-00013)
- Vivian Francisco (2022-EQCB-00001)
- Germico 137 LLC (2021-EQCB-00012)
- Krupalu Inc and TFT Land LLC (2022-EQCB-00029)
- Krome Agronomics LLC (2021-EQCB-00066)
- 7-Eleven Inc (2022-EQCB-00027)
- Food Giants LLC (2021-EQCB-00016)
- Francis Cesar and Ruth Emmanuela Cesar (2022-EQCB-00048)
- KC Realty LLC (2022-EQCB-00058)
- Kelly Tractor Co. (2023-EQCB-00002)
- Emiliana Cabrera Sanchez and Jorge Ruiz Avonce (2022-EQCB-00054)
- Georgelina Gonzalez (2022-EQCB-00055)
- Georgelina Gonzalez (2022-EQCB-00056)
- Atlas Hialeah 1031 LLC (2022-EQCB-00023)
- Royal Duke MHP LLC (2023-EQCB-00001)
- JDL Unlimited Investments Inc (2023-EQCB-00005)
2023 EQCB Hearing Dates
- Jan. 12
- Feb. 9
- Mar. 9
- Apr. 13
- May 11
- Jun. 8
- Jul. 13
- Sep. 14
- Oct. 12
- Nov. 9
- Dec. 14
Accessing Virtual Meetings
The public may listen or observe the meeting as follows:
- Call in live to listen to the meeting at:
US: +1-786-635-1003 or 877-853-5247 (Toll Free) or 888-788-0099 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 853 3256 6137
- Join the meeting live via Zoom to listen in only
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you may participate in the meeting using Florida Relay Service by dialing 711 on your telephone
- If you need a sign language interpreter, or any accommodation to participate in the meeting, or to request materials in accessible format, please contact Alain Donderiz at 305-372-6779 or 786-442-4778 or via email at [email protected], at least five days in advance of the meeting to initiate your request.
EQCB Online Records
EQCB case files and transcripts of prior EQCB hearings are available in our online records system. To search EQCB case files, type ''EQCB'' in the case number field. To search for EQCB transcripts, type ''EQCB transcripts'' in the facility name field.Back to Top
For more information about the Environmental Quality Control Board, email [email protected] or call 305-372-6764.
Environmental Considerations GIS
Search the Environmental Considerations GIS Map to find out if a property may have any environmental features associated with it.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.