Better Bus Network Project Information
The reimagining of Metrobus service will dramatically increase transit access to jobs, education, healthcare, and quality of life, and uplifting our most vulnerable with significantly better services, including seniors.
Read more about the new service network launching on Nov. 13.
Here are some of the benefits riders will see:
- The number of frequent routes on the network will increase from five to nineteen, forming a network of frequent lines covering most of the county
- The number of residents who live 15-minutes from frequent transit will increase from 380,000 (14%) to 814,00 (30%) during weekday service
- The number of low-wage jobs that are near frequent transit service on Saturdays will more than double from 17% today to 42%
- The number of minority residents near frequent transit will more than double from 13% to 30%
- Weekend service will increase to nearly the same levels as weekdays, for most local routes
- The new network will bring frequent transit service to more than a quarter million low-income residents, more than double the 119,000 who are near frequent transit today
- The new network will bring frequent service near almost 60% of households without cars; that’s 20,000 additional households without cars near more frequent service
- The number of African American residents near frequent transit nearly quadruples, from only 43,000 today to nearly 169,000 in November.
A lot of work took place for several years leading up to the launch of the new network on Nov. 13, 2023. Led by riders like you and the community, there were many steps taken to plan, capture the community’s feedback, coordinate, and implement the Better Bus SHIFTS into Gear action plan.
Below are the main highlights that took place during the multi-year process. Network maps are also shown below for comparison purposes.
- Read the presentation shared at the CITT meeting on June 28, 2023
- Monday, Nov. 6 (5 - 6 p.m.) – Northwest Dade Webinar
- Tuesday, Nov. 7 (noon -1 p.m.) – Miami Beach and Downtown Webinar
- Tuesday, Nov. 7 (5 - 6 p.m.) – Northeast Dade Webinar
- Wednesday, Nov. 8 (5 - 6 p.m.) – West Dade Webinar
- Thursday, Nov. 9 (5 - 6 p.m.) – South Dade Webinar