Homeowner & Small Business Permitting Assistance
Whether you are working on your dream home renovation, starting, or expanding a small business or trying to correct a building or zoning violation, the Small Business and Homeowner Assistance Team helps you to navigate the permitting process at no additional cost. We are here for you from the application process through final inspection.
Through personalized, step-by-step support, find help with:
- If a permit is required and if so, the type of permit specific to your project or business.
- The applications and other requirements needed for your project.
- How to complete forms, submit application(s), receive status updates, retrieve your permit along with other approved documents, and schedule/track your inspections.
- Where to find permit fee information.
- Proof of ownership of the property (warranty deed or tax receipt); or a copy of the lease if a small business.
- If available, existing plans for your home or business showing floor layout; or plans for proposed work from an architect or engineer.
- If available, a survey or site plan for the property.
- If applicable, a copy of the notice of any violations for which you started work without the required permits.